Our two part Hybrid Multi-Storey solution set has been designed to be a flexible and affordable solution for those situations with specific multi-storey requirements. It leverages the strength of a steel portal (or frame) structure (to provide the required building height) with the benefits of our innovative superstructure solution providing high operational performance with easy to build floor units.
As with our Single Storey and Multi-Storey solution sets, our Clients key requirement has been for high performing and value engineered buildings with the ability to adapt and change the internal structure as required over time.
The key characteristics include:
Design versatility – the steel portal/frame superstructure can be designed to meet the space and shape requirements of our Clients and Customers. As per our Single Storey and Multi-Storey solutions the Hybrid Multi-Storey allows for last minute variations in the non-structural elements of a design. This provides greater flexibility to architects, builders and Clients.
Core Reinforced Steel Superstructure – the steel portal/fame provides the backbone and floor structures for an entire building and the Panels provide the innovative technologies to insulate, inter-connect, bear internal loads and meet buildings standards. This solution set is blended with the appropriate Foundations, Roof and Finishing solutions from our leading specialist partners provide the best of breed answer to requirements.
Structurally Insulated and Load Bearing Composite Panels made from timber or LVL, with a choice of insulation options and external sheathing materials. Our preference for external sheathing is for fully certified and tested Magnesium Oxide boards. When applied using our design methodology these Composite Panels provide the ability to upgrade the non-structural elements of a design at a later stage and at an incremental cost which protects the investment made in the initial build. These Panels are used to both encase and fill the Core Reinforced Steel Superstructure. Each unit has its own integral strength as a result of the load being spread across the steel superstructure.
Modular or Component on-site build and installation – we can provide our solution to build “onsite” modular units or “in-building” at a component level. This can be specified according to the site, purpose of the building, availability of skills and the project economics. Thus, the solution and system can be either craned or man-handled on the site.
Performance – superb thermal insulation which lowers energy requirements, pioneering use of sustainable materials, ability to upgrade core services (when using our Design Methodology). Meeting all building and fire regulations. Easy installation, with minimised scaffolding and cranage for the floor internals (external and internal walls) due to the speed of build, and the ability to finish with a wide range of materials and techniques both inside and out.
- Reinforced Steel Superstructure designed, precision and value engineered in the UK conforming to all building and fire regulations
- Internal fit-out can be carried out at great speed and the composite panels provide an added advantage in that each floor can be built and treated as their own separate building whereby each unit is sealed off whilst the main framework is being completed.
- Offsite manufacturing process guarantees a pre-tensioned building for each floor level which encases the steel structure, which can be built more quickly than traditional build techniques
- All panels are easily manhandled enabling superstructure to be built in the most inaccessible of areas or can be pre-modularised on site where circumstances and budget allows.
- Highly customised building solution requiring minimal electric tools and heavy lifting equipment to install
- All materials 100% recyclable
- Onsite traffic reduced, onsite noise pollution dramatically reduced as are the levels of waste created onsite which amounts to just a few skips